Tuesday, August 4, 2009

HOLY FUCK, I GOT OFF MY LAZY ASS AND DID SOMETHING!!!!!!

Oh, wow. Haven't been here in a while, huh? I like what I've done with the place... kept it just the way I left it. Enough feigned nostalgia, on to the main event...

Ok, so this is the inaugural piece for my project/ replacement portfolio tentatively titled, 19 Ghosts of the Bowery even though there's something like 28 ghosts and upwards of 20 images in the works. I'm hoping this one is the dog of the bunch, brushing the cobwebs off as it were; you probably can't tell from my shitty photography but the color is kind of fucked and the perspective in the trident is so wrong it makes me ashamed to admit that I ever even took a class with Sal Amendola (even though i got a D). Let me know what ya'll think, honestly, I want cruelty. I've attached some documentation photos of the process of this piece just to make it seem more interesting than it probably is. Get at me dawg, love Jake.

Before the gouache detailing

The initial inking on my first ghetto light-box, a piece of plexi-glass balanced on some expendable coffee table books with a heavy duty construction lamp tucked in underneath.
My patent-pending ghetto light-box in action... manly 2.5 pound hand weights hold back the massive power of a thin sheet of plastic...
And the aftermath, those three innocuous looking circles starting in the lower left hand corner are actually heat blisters that rendered this incarnation of my genius about as useful, as the saying goes, as tits on a boar... hope you all enjoyed this half-assed romp through my latest exploits. God Bless America and play ball...

No comments:

Post a Comment